Board Member at The New York Foundling
Internet | Greater New York City Area, US
Greg’s professional career spans over twenty years of experience, in which he has built the infrastructure and growth blueprints for countless early-stage startups and public companies. Finding creative ways to solve the challenges of product, customer and revenue discovery is where Greg thrives. He is known for facilitating consumer adoption and revenue growth via his deep experience in business and product development and for finding solutions that delight consumers and meet business objectives.
Whether it’s professional or personal, Greg is passionate about innovation, and you can tell within a moment of meeting him. You don’t need to look beyond Greg’s eyewear to see his passion for creativity and his reaffirming choice to embrace uncertainty everyday.
Greg received a BSE in Computer Science from Princeton University and an MBA in Finance from The Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania.
Specialties: business development, early-stage startups, internet strategy and vision, product management, revenue discovery, community tools, software architecture, behavioral modeling, reputation systems, discovery tools, search technologies, music technology, financial modeling, statistical methods, decision modeling, peer networks, competitive analysis, cross-functional leadership
2016 - Present
Chief Product Officer / HomeLister Inc.
HomeLister helps people sell their home without the use of a broker allowing them to save thousands of dollars. In the age of an increasingly connected and self-service world, HomeLister provides both the tools and guidance to empower homeowners to take control of their sale, but still retain all the resources and access that a real estate agent has to ensure that their sale is a success. This includes everything from MLS listing with full title search to social and online ad campaigns for your home, through disclosures, escrow and closing. The seller broker is an expensive gatekeeper for homeowners. HomeLister democratizes access, increases transparency, and saves homeowners money.
2016 - Present
Board Member / The New York Foundling
Founded by the Sisters of Charity in 1869 as a home for abandoned children, The Foundling today offers an expansive array of services for underserved children, families, and adults with developmental disabilities. Whether it’s an abused child in need of a foster home, a young mother who lacks the skills to care for her child, or a young person lost in the juvenile justice system, The Foundling provides the resources necessary to rebuild lives and rebuild families.
Principal, Business Development / Applico
Greg Battle was a Principal at Applico, where he worked to identify platform innovation opportunities within early stage, mid and large-sized companies for solutions that scale across customer and revenue growth. Greg is a master at finding and building platform business models and uncovering the core interaction, value propositions and customer funnels and that will make that platform sing.
Innovation Consultant / Self Employed
Best Buy / Beats by Dr. Dre / Selerity / Turntable.fm / Ticket Reserve / GroupMe / Vibe / AnyClip
- Best Buy (Retail & Finance): Acting CTO on an innovation consultancy project, responsibilities included research, partner due diligence, cost projections, infrastructure, risk assessment, personnel planning and go-to-market technology strategy for a new multi-national service offered online/mobile and in 1,100 retail stores. Developed within Best Buy’s Financial Services Division.
- Beats by Dr. Dre (Consumer Electronics): Research and develop business, marketing and social strategies for stealth mode consumer facing internet/mobile service for Jimmy Iovine (CEO) and Luke Wood (President).
- Selerity Corp (Financial): Designed go-to-market strategy for quantitative trading, algorithmic execution and risk management customers. Conducted candidate search for key technology hires and diligence on patent-pending technology. Authored customer and partner messaging.
- Turntable.fm (Music): Product ideation and strategy for social synchronous music service
- Ticket Reserve (Sports & Travel): Gamification, monetization and social funnel strategies
- GroupMe (Mobile – sold to Skype 8/11): Establish critical partnerships across print, television, radio, music and web publishers targeting urban demographic.
- Vibe (Publishing): Advised new owners out of bankruptcy on redevelopment of digital strategy including online/print convergence, content aggregation, audience segmentation/engagement for addictive behavior, customer development, partnerships and revenue optimization.
- AnyClip (Video): Lead due diligence for complete restructuring of organization resulting in refocused strategic direction, downsizing staff, cost-cutting partnerships, halving burn-rate, refactoring platform API and re-branding as AnyClip.com – TechCrunch50 Audience Award.
VP Product, Customer Development / Alloy Digital
Responsible for product strategy and execution around alternative monetization for teen and youth-oriented digital brands aged 12-34 connecting consumption and commerce across desktop/mobile web, apps and games.
o 90 million monthly uniques
o 30 million social media followers o 6.5 billion lifetime video views
o 19 million YouTube subscribers
- Built and lead cross-functional product management team across multiple digital properties for web and mobile
- Executive producer and game designer for iOS mobile game, Super Head Esploder-X, charted to #7 Top Overall Paid in the Apple App Store
- Ideation through launch of custom gamification/loyalty rewards platform to enhance engagement, retention and monetization of audience across desktop/mobile web
- Social growth of Smosh -.YouTube (+180%, #1 most subscribed channel, 12+ million), Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr
Consultant at bit.ly / bit.ly
Lead the go-to-market business development and sales process for bit.ly Pro and bit.ly Enterprise, free and premium versions of branded URL shortening service for publishers, brands, ecommerce properties, celebrities and bloggers, tracking over 7 billion user interactions a month.
- Created a social engagement funnel explaining how users move across “freemium” spectrum of services, from simple redirects to real-time tracking of influencers for brands across the social web.
- Implemented lead capture and import process for Salesforce, generating and organizing over 17K leads and 3K customers in 4 months, and 10K+ customers in 8 months.
- Enterprise customers included New York Times, Yahoo!, Amazon, Pepsi, FourSquare, Huffington Post, NPR, FedEx, Constant Contact, C-SPAN, USA Today, Diddy, TechCrunch, IMDB & Toys ‘R Us
Co-founder and Chief Software Architect / Global Grind Digital Inc., LLC
(http://globalgrind.com) Hip-hop automated and social news site combining multi-media aggregation, community and cultural relevancy funded by Russell Simmons and Accel Partners.
Hedge Fund Associate / Trigram Capital Management, LP
Hired to assist CEO and investment team in designing investment strategy and modeling fund financials for Asian multi-strategy equity hedge fund with $80M assets under management at launch. Co-managed marketing material production and fund documentation review. Reported to CEO.
MBA Candidate 2005 / The Wharton School
Mitchell Fellowship Winner – Full Tuition
Banc of America Securities Summer Associate – Debt Markets Sales, Trading & Research
Lead Developer / BET Interactive, LLC
Lead development team in designing all customer-facing applications, manage site content and publishing tools, and provide system administration and security. Analyzed website traffic and impact on traditional media assets. Drove high revenue traffic while minimizing cost by reengineering web properties and overseeing development and deployment of site community tools. Managed site security for internal and external internet security intrusions. Reported to CTO.
Vice President / Donaldson, Lufkin, Jenrette
Promoted from Senior Quantitative Programmer Analyst to become firm’s youngest VP in Fixed Income. Implemented and supported traders’ application improvement recommendations. Designed platform and language independent real-time distributed object model for bond analytics (Information Week, January 19, 1998). Directed Y2K readiness plan research and documentation for derivatives, portfolio, mortgages, and financial engineering groups. Co-managed $40M disaster recovery and business continuity budget. Reported to EVP.
Consultant / Chemical Bank
Senior Programming Analyst / Sanwa Securities
Advanced Systems Group member. C++ development. Unix system administrator.